[G4] Dual CPUs

Joseph B. Gurman gurman at gsfc.nasa.gov
Sun Mar 14 05:39:32 PST 2004

     In addition to dual CPU's and cooling stacks, you'd need a
replacement fan assembly (the single processor 1.6's and original
1.8's have only a single fan forward of the CPU; the duals have a
double fan). I recall reading somewhere that going to dual CPU
requires soldering/desoldering some jumpers on the motherboard, so
any such future upgrade would undoubtedly void any remaining warranty
(e.g. AppleCare). Can't swear it's so, though.

						Joe Gurman
--
"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing sound they make as they go by."
                                                             - Douglas

Joseph B. Gurman, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Solar Physics
Branch, Greenbelt MD 20771 USA