[G4] "Upgrade" from OSX to 9.2

Donald O'Donovan donaldodonovan at centaurpress.com
Mon Mar 15 07:03:23 PST 2004

Thank you, Ron, for your detailed reply.

Unfortunately, in the meantime, I tried something else.

I tried to install an OSX upgrade and it aborted. Now I am in a mode where I get a message, "You must restart your computer." I restart the computer and I get a message, "You must restart your computer." So I restart the computer and I get the same message. And so on.

I THINK what I must do is press a certain key to get into a SYSTEM dialog, but I don't know how to do that.

I don't think it's a hardware problem. I haven't fried anything. I have somehow simply wiped the OS. Or I am somehow outside of it. I need somehow to get back into the OS world and then retry the upgrade or the 9.2 installation.

Can you tell me where I am now and what I must do?

At one point I did get a screen that looked like an MS Dos screen with courier font and instructions to type "mac-boot" but that did not work either.

Thanks again,
Donald