[G4] .3.3 upgrade

Chris Smolinski csmolinski at blackcatsystems.com
Wed Mar 17 07:55:26 PST 2004

>the upgrade went very smoothly on my 800 ice iBook, and no issues to report.
>
>However, on my dual 1.25 MDD, the first reboot resulted in strange
>finder behavior, especially around the cursor and not being able to
>click on anything, despite being able to highlight it.
>
>The first attempt at shutdown met with the machine hanging. Second
>shutdown attempt worked.

Upgrade went fine on a G4-400 upgraded to 1.2 GHz.  I'll be doing an
eMac and iMac next. The iMac just got 10.3 installed on it recently,
previously it had 10.2.8, perhaps the worst OSX version ever, IMHO :-(

I still sometimes have a problem that I have had on and off, perhaps
someone knows of a fix. Sometimes, when I open a folder in Finder,
the contents are empty. If I then use the back arrow to go back to
the previous folder, and then the forward arrow to go back to the new
folder, everything appears. Usually this will happen for a while
after I startup, then eventually the problem goes away.

--

---
Chris Smolinski