[G4] confused about drives

Mel Krewall mkrewall at mac.com
Fri Mar 19 17:49:41 PST 2004

The Pioneer 107, along with the 106, 105 and 104 (also the A06, etc.
variants) will work fine. If you don't want a DVD writer, there are
many less expensive CD-RW and combo drives that will work. A great
resource is the drive compatibility database at www.xlr8yourmac.com.
You can look up your machine and get user reports on many drives and
pick one that you can afford and find. The physical size of most every
CD drive will be standard, as will the mounting hole locations.
HTH,
Mel

"Man blames fate for other accidents, but feels personally
responsible when he makes a hole in one."
~ Author Unknown