[G4] Palm Again

Mel Krewall mkrewall at mac.com
Mon Mar 22 21:09:46 PST 2004

Q1:
Do a Get Info on the Palm Desktop application. In the Palm Desktop Info
window, there will be a check box that says open in Classic
Environment. This will tell OS X to open the application in OS 9.

Q2:
OS X uses a set of rules called Launch Services that has not been well
documented by Apple and there is no direct equivalent command in OS X
to "rebuild the desktop".

You need to make sure the HotSync shared library is in your OS 9
Extensions folder for it to work. Will all the installations
difficulties you had, it may have gone astray.

These are my best input, hope it helps.
Mel

"It's good sportsmanship to not pick up lost golf balls while they are
still rolling."
  ~ Mark Twain