[G4] How do I record audio on OSX?

Alex alist at sprint.ca
Wed Mar 24 12:07:03 PST 2004

On Wednesday, Mar 24, 2004, at 11:02 Canada/Eastern, David Crandon
wrote:

> [...] You are going to either need to run the turntable through the
> usual stereo receiver's phono inputs (please note that many late model
> receivers don't have a phono LP input anymore) or use software to
> provide the EQ.

Or -- the solution I prefer -- use a dedicated phono preamp, such as
the NAD PP-1 or the Lehmann Audio Black Cube. But that's really a
vinyl, not a Mac, issue.

> The only software I know that provides it is Griffin's Final Vinyl.

Personally, I prefer to have the compensation done prior to ADC
(analogue-to-digital) conversion. But, in the end, it's really a matter
of what sounds good to you. Try out different solutions, and stay with
the one that best suits your budget and preferences.