[G4] Fix for Image Spam?

Anne Keller-Smith earthpigz at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 24 21:01:55 PST 2004

At 11:45 PM -0500 3/24/04, Alex wrote:
>On Wednesday, Mar 24, 2004, at 21:56 Canada/Eastern, Anne Keller-Smith
>wrote:
>
>> I have an increasing problem with all kinds of spam-ish images
>> just appearing on my desktop. They are email attachments, mostly. [...]
>
>You don't say which OS. You don't say which e-mail client, or what kind
>of e-mail account. Your client may be set to save attachments
>automatically; it may be possible to alter this setting. Your client
>may be set not to download attachments or messages with attachments.
>Etc., etc.

As it says in my sig - X.2

I'm using an old Eudora that doesn't display images in body of the
text, but I imagine if I were to turn off html mail in Apple's Mail,
it would come to the same thing. The images would download
separately, and show up on the desktop.

It just seems there are more of them than there used to be. And
it would seem that any of us on this list (which does not allow
html mail) would experience the same problem, regardless
of which email client they were using.

Actually, I will still have a problem (maybe a bigger one) if
I find a way to prevent them from downloading, because then
they will remain on the Earthlink server and I will have to
delete them using Web Mail (ukh - gah!)

What would be good would be to set the Email client, whichever
one, to delete all unopened images after a set period of time.
Something like that.

Anne Keller Smith
Down to Earth Web Design
G4 733mHz (OS X.2/Classic) | Graphite iBook 333mHz (OS 9.0.2)
mailto:earthpigz at earthlink.net
http://www.downtoearthweb.com