FW & CUDA

Melinda mgarrelts at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 30 11:33:17 PST 2004

> I had a similar issue with my three LaCie HD
> enclosures (w/ Oxford 911
> controllers) after I upgraded to 10.3.3.  Although
> my external LaCie DVD-RW
> drive & Microtech memory card reader did still mount
> on the desktop.  Once I
> downloaded and ran the new firmware from LaCie for
> the Oxford 911
> controllers, the HD enclosures have worked perfectly
> ever since.  Can you
> upgrade the firmware for your Firewire hardware?

Most of my cases are Triumph Technologies Sapphire
cases.  I've written to them asking if they have a
firmware update.   Here is my sequence of events last
night:  Reinstalling the combo update did no good, I
even tried it twice.  Booting from a CD and running
disk utilities found no problem.  Repairing
permissions did no good.  I gave in and reinstalled
Panther from the box with an archive and install.
Then I upgraded to 10.3.2.  All kinds of strange
problems, Safari would open, but no page would appear,
loss of USB hub, had to plug the KB in directly, FW
showed up in the system profiler correctly, however as
soon as I plugged in a FW drive, it disappeared again
with the No Information message.  And this was all in
10.3.2  I decided this was not a problem I was going
to be able to fix easily.  I backed up the important
info on the drive and reformatted the whole thing.
Now I am happily running 10.3.2 and will wait for a
fix before upgrading again.

Melinda

=====
There are no stupid questions, just a lot of inquisitive idiots.