[G4] Eudora vs. Mail Reprise (fails to import)

Sonja Ray sonjay at mindspring.com
Wed Mar 31 08:19:52 PST 2004

> From: Anne Keller-Smith <earthpigz at earthlink.net>
> Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 10:51:40 -0500
> To: "Power Macintosh G4 List" <G4 at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
> Subject: [G4] Eudora vs. Mail Reprise (fails to import)
>
> I spoke with Apple today, and they offer no quick answers to the failure
> of Mail in Jaguar to import my Eudora mailboxes. She suggested either
> the format in Eudora is too old, or that I have too much mail to import.
> (One of the boxes does indeed contain 8000 messages - it only
> imported about 700 of these; another box that should contain
> 500+ messages only imported 44)

If it's just a question of trying to import too much mail at once, you can
always move some of your mailboxes out of the Eudora folder where they're
stored, import *some* of your mail, and then move the imported boxes out and
the non-imported boxes back in and and import those. The folder in question
is ~/Documents/Eudora Folder/Mail Folder.   Unless you're on a really old
Eudora on OS9, and then that Eudora Folder will be in your System folder ->
Preferences.

--
Sonja Ray

 "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself
a  reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating
independence." -- Charles A. Beard