[G4] Adding HD capacity..

Alex alist at sprint.ca
Tue May 4 09:18:32 PDT 2004

On Tuesday, May 4, 2004, at 08:19 Canada/Eastern, uxbridge at spamcop.net
wrote:

> [...] Intech (www.intechusa.com) managed to
> create a driver that enables all G4 to see and use larger HD in the
> internal
> apple controller with no modification to the hardware.[...]

Indeed it has (released about 6 weeks ago), and it's very interesting
(let alone clever engineering). However, there are some significant
limitations (read carefully
<http://www.speedtools.com/Users%20Guides/IMPORTANT!%20Read%20Me.pdf>).
Personally, I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole -- between the
limitations already stated, the issues that will inevitably crop up
when it's in wider use, and the price of ATA cards, I just don't see
the benefit.