Opinions wanted on 1.25 SP BUY THE DP

Snow White jj4 at sympatico.ca
Sun May 9 10:29:31 PDT 2004

I'm likin' mine.  Had a Sawtooth 400 and jumped to refurb 1.25 DP.
Wonderful and zippy.  But I did not use a G5 and then digress - I am
sure that would be tough - so it all depends on what you use it for and
your own perspective.

Basically the 1.25 DP is stable, not too noisy, reliable and fast
compared to what I used previously.  And I am happy with my purchase.
The G5s have a few minor kinks, I hear, and I think you need to upgrade
software for the G5, whereas this G4 has had 5-6 years to work it all
out.  YMMV.

You do realize the 1.25 DP refurbished is $1299US.  You just need to
wait till they are available and call your order in.  It took me a
month, checking every day, to catch them available as a refurb.

jj