[G4] 4x DVD writing

sr ferenczy srf7425 at rit.edu
Mon May 10 09:09:21 PDT 2004

My G5 came with a pioneer 106. haven't had a single problem with toast
and i have burned probably 150-200 dvds so far.....  ?

where on xlr8yourmac.com does it mention the incompatibility with
toast? drive database doesnt seem to mention anything. though i do
remember reading something about toast not supporting the drives cache
on some drives.... though burning still works fine-you just need to
make sure your system supports the throughput for burning (1x dvd is
1.5 MB/s)

sandor

On May 10, 2004, at 11:37 AM, VS wrote:

> I am also using the Pioneer 106D, revision 1.05, together with Toast
> 6.03. I haven't had any problems with burning DVD, and I mostly use
> DVD+R, works like a charm in 4x.
> (G4 500 MHz here)
>
> Best of luck!!
>
> / Vicki
>

> At 07.59 -0400 04-05-10, Dale Hoffman wrote:
>> We have 5 Pioneer 106D DVRs and use Toast 6. Kevin, your problem may
>> be media compatibility - you didn't say what brand you were using. We
>> burn mostly at 2X due to the cost of reliable 4X media, but have
>> burned at 4X with Apple brand DVDs.
>>
>> DaleH
>>
>> At 4:54 PM -0700 5/9/04, Lavode wrote:
>>> You're lucky you got it to burn at all.  According to
>>> xlr8yourmac.com, the 106 isn't supported by Toast.  I have a Yikes
>>> 400 with 768 MB RAM and 10.3 with a 106.  I tried to burn a DVD at