200GB Drive in G4-450 AGP with ATA-4 Bus

Richard Kriss kriss at qsl.net
Mon May 10 14:59:19 PDT 2004

I know this subject was beat to death a few weeks ago. The problem is I
trashed the postings and question my memory about what I read.

I may be able to get 200GB, 7200 RPM,  8MB cache ATA/100 drive to replace
the aging 30GB drive that came with this G4-450 AGP machine running 10.3.3
with an ATA-4 Bus.

As I recall the postings the new (to me) 200GB drive should work okay but
will only show up as  a 120GB drive.

What iis the downside to installing a 200GB drive on Mac that will only
recognize 120 GB.

aRKay