[G4] Storing CDs

Crandon David tabdave at comcast.net
Thu May 13 07:11:56 PDT 2004

Yeah, I've heard this too, but I doubt it really makes much difference.

Far more important is the quality of the CD-R's you are using. This
also though is a very controversial subject.

I haven't seen any clear consensis as too what makes a good CD-R. I've
seen and heard of many "high quality" CD-R's degrade and have data
problems when just sitting around in cases and never being handled.

My personal opinion is if the data is important, don't put it on a CD-R.

The above opinions don't apply to commercial CD's. They seem to be
pretty much bullet proof.

David Crandon