New Seagate Barracuda 200 Installed - No Problems!

Richard Kriss kriss at qsl.net
Tue May 18 06:58:12 PDT 2004

I just installed a new Seagate 7200 RPM, 8-Mbyte buffer, 200 GB Hard Drive
in this G4-AGP.  I realized the G4 would only see the 200 GB as a 128 GB
drive and that is not an issue as I only need about 25 GB.   I now have the
Seagate 128 set up as my primary drive (the Master) and my old WD 40 GB as
the secondary or backup (slave) and I back up using Carbon Copy Cloner.

I have lots of room for additional storage.  I understand there is a
software product that will let users access the unrecognized portion of the
200 GB drive but I do not need the room at this time.

No problems at all and the drive works great!

Dick

http://www.seagate.com/support/disc/manuals/ata/cuda7200pm.pdf