[G4] You told me so (appleworks)

Alex alist at sprint.ca
Tue May 18 07:38:40 PDT 2004

On Tuesday, May 18, 2004, at 06:48 Canada/Eastern, Anne Keller-Smith
wrote:

> [...] Main problem I'm having is my file keeps corrupting.
> This is a real no-go for financial data. I have had to
> re-enter two weeks worth of receipts TWICE, and am
> now pretty steamed. [...]

Tech support. That's one of the things you buy when you pay for your
software. Give the people in Bombay a chance to earn their living.

> I was thinking pointing Disk First Aid at it might help
> patch it up [...]

Disk First Aid is a Mac OS 9 or earlier disk utility. It can't help
with problems with one file or one application.

> [...]  the Disk First Aid on the Jaguar install disks bleats that it
> isn't
> compatible with Classic (?) - Why would it be?

Because Classic is an emulator which allows Mac OS 9 and compatible
applications to run under Mac OS X. One of the limitations of this
emulator is that it doesn't have low-level access to hardware.
Therefore, Mac OS 9 extensions and applications which require hardware
access, such as disk drivers, disk utilities, etc., either cannot run
or can't be used in Classic.