Appleworks ... So Frustrated

Anne Keller-Smith earthpigz at earthlink.net
Thu May 20 08:45:40 PDT 2004

Status here ... spent two hours with Applecare this morning
and did the removal of Preferences thing plus the uninstall/
reinstall. Still crashing. Attempted 2nd update to 6.2.9 but
the updater cannot find the app. I'm looking right at it, though.
There's no button to choose location. Tech says I'm looking
at an archive install, and I really don't want to do that. Seems
like a sledgehammer to fix a bent nail.

Also repaired permissions - I thought MacJanitor did this?

Will spend another hour d/l a new copy of the updater, in
case corruption is the case, and then I'll have to decide
whether to dump Appleworks completely and buy an old
Classic copy of Excel.

Not impressed at all. Thanks for letting me vent.

Any other ideas are welcome, and thanks heaps for the
help so far. You guys are impressive, that much I'll say.

And ... that old Excel program works, and it seems I should
have stayed with it.

Anne Keller Smith
Down to Earth Web Design
G4 733mHz (OS X 10.2.0/Classic)