[G4] Airport extreme card and G4 450

Robert Meadors rmeadors at mac.com
Fri May 21 07:07:24 PDT 2004

You can't use the Airport Extreme card in your computer but yes you can use
the original Airport card with the AE base station with no problem. There is
however a overall slowdown to your wireless network when an 802.11B signal
is being used on a "G" network. Another option that I have read about is the
Linksys cards are plug and play and available at places like Amazon for like
$60.

Chris

On 5/21/04 7:01 AM, "Milan Kalus" <milankalus at qwest.net> wrote:

> Can you use AirPort extreme card in PowerPC G4 450? If I use regular
> AirPort card will it accept signal from AirPort extreme card in G5?
>
> Milan

Sent using the Microsoft Entourage 2004 for Mac Test Drive.