[G4] Upgrades and Updates

Stefan Daehler gesar at tiscalinet.ch
Mon May 24 06:54:26 PDT 2004

Original Message:

> However, when I get back I will have to think seriously about updating
> to 10.2.8 because
> of the security fix, which is only available for that version and
> above. Once I get myself
> updated, I will do same with my Dad's machine, assuming I can pry him
> loose from
> OS 10.1 and get him to buy Jaguar. It really *IS* time.

Personally, I prefer Jaguar and I wouldn't buy Panther again. May be,
I'm singular with my opinion, don't know.
If I were in your situation and if knew what I know now,

- I'd upgrade to Jaguar (available at 30 to 40$),

- I'd certainly jump Panther,

- and I'd - may be - make e next step with Tiger (expected in November).

> I need how-tos and information to help me evaluate whether and when.
> If I update
> to 10.2.8, will my HP4400C scanner still work?

Have a look at SilverFast 6 for Mac OS X
(http://www.silverfast.com/show/silverfast-se/en.html)

Cheers.     Steff