Can't reinstall Internet Explorer

Joe Dundovic jodun at usinternet.com
Tue May 25 23:11:11 PDT 2004

Good news!  I've been able to re-install Internet Explorer and
everything is working fine now.  The solution, I am ashamed admit as
I should have known better and done it sooner, was to:

1.  Run TechTool disk repair and rebuild desk top.  That didn't
really do the job this time even though it has done wonders in the
past.  I ended up with blocked applications that wouldn't even open
so I was worse off than before.

2.  Run Disk Warrier to "Rebuild the startup disk directory".  That
one worked like gangbusters.  I was able to re-install Explorer and
everything now is back to normal.  This has been a lesson to me;
when something peculiar is going on with no explanation for it, use
the utilities to clean up the hard drive.  Something to remember.

Joe Dundovic