OSX 10.3.4 - Poss mail bug

Robert Weller n6ne at yahoo.com
Thu May 27 19:31:06 PDT 2004

I updated three machines to 10.3.4:  a G4/450
Sawtooth, a G4/1.2 GHz Cube, and a G5/1.8SP.  One one
of the machines, I am having a reproducible problem
with mail.

Some, but not all, messages cannot be replied to or
forwarded.  When I click on the "reply to" or
"Forward" buttons, nothing happens.  If I quit and
re-launch mail, I get a bunch of reply or forward
message windows -- the same ones that didn't open
before I quit.

The problem appears to be related to html content in
the original message, but I haven't been able to
narrow it down beyond that.

I've tried rebooting, repairing permission, and
resetting the junk mail filter.  Nothing, so far, has
worked.

I run two non-Apple mail-related apps:  SpamSieve and
PriorityMail.  I quit SpamSieve, and there was no
change in the behavior.  I'm not sure how to remove
PriorityMail, but I doubt that program is the culprit
(it merely provides a pull-down menu that allows me to
change the priority of messages I am sending).

I've seen a few reports of mail problems (crashes,
mostly) since the 10.3.4 update was released, but
nothing that sounds like my problem.

Bob