[G4] Erasing a windows HD

Kevin Willis res19rmg at verizon.net
Fri Nov 5 17:13:00 PST 2004

On Nov 5, 2004, at 7:08 PM, Kevin Willis wrote:

> I have a 40 GB hard drive that was formatted in NTFS and Windows XP
> was installed.  I put it in my external case and hooked it up to my G4
> running Panther.  Is there a way to format the drive in Mac OS
> extended?  The Disk Utility just shows the drive.  It doesn't let me
> do anything to it.

I answered my own question.  I restarted the computer in OS 9.2.2.  I
have a copy of "Hard Disk Speed Tools" that I was going to use to
format the drive.  However, when the system booted, OS 9.2.2 detected
the drive and offered to initialize it for me.  So, after that, I
restarted in OS X and was able to use the Disk Utility to erase and
partition the drive.

Thanks--

Kevin