[G4] Re: Big DIMMS!

KathyMac! MacsAndMusic at MusiciansForProgress.org
Mon Nov 15 11:10:55 PST 2004

On Nov 15, 2004, at 10:37 AM, g4-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com
wrote:

> I would like to know if anyone
> here knows if they can be used in a Digital Audio G4 (533DP) to
> overcome the paltry 1.5GB limit (only three DIMM slots, after all).

Wow. I remember taking the big leap and purchasing a 16mb stick for my
Performa which shipped with a whopping 8mb on board. I was also a
newbie at the time and very afraid to open the machine. Had to call an
acquaintance from out of town to come over and install it. At 24 mb of
ram I was sure to fly thru those apps. To think that 1.5 GIGs of ram is
now a limitation...

Hee hee.

(and to think that I have since dismantled about 6 machines since then
- gutting them, playing Dr. Frankenstein with mix and match parts, and
bringing them back to a super life...my how times have changed...come
to think of it, remember when AOL was $2.95 a minute? Before it went
unlimited and became saturated with every idiot who could barely turn a
computer on?

KathyMac!