[G4] Re: Big DIMMs

Ron Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Mon Nov 15 13:01:54 PST 2004

On 15 Nov, 2004, at 10:21, Steven Wood wrote:

The RAM limit for any computer is the amount the CPU can address, so
your system cannot use more than 1.5 GB no matter how much you install.

I doubt that this statement is actually and completely true for every
Macintosh computer. I have seen that the freeware program "MacTracker"
lists the Apple "maximum RAM" for many machines and the "actual RAM"
that the machine can utilize.

Considering the amount of research that went into putting the program
together, I suggest that "MacTracker" be consulted to verify the actual
amount of RAM that a particular model can recognize and use.

Just my $.02 worth.