[G4] G4/667: digitize audio-input, write to CD-R?

lavode at comcast.net lavode at comcast.net
Tue Nov 23 08:28:47 PST 2004

> I just noticed the G4/667 doesn't have a mic-input jack in the rear:

Yes, you will need a USB mic for this computer.  Or you can use the 8500, which would probably be a bit easier.

> Okay, so I digitize the music (via USB microphone) using SimpleSound,
> say into a .wav file (uncompressed).  Then, I drag it into a blank CD-R
> & hit "Burn CD".  I assume I select "Standard CD", & it will write an
> audio track onto the CD..which will play in an anyold stereo CD player.

Pretty much.  Really old CD players might not work, but I have yet to see a player not play a CDR.  I would look for an option called "Audio CD" rather than "Standard," but if that's the only thing the program has...

>  I assume Toast
> can burn a .wav file onto the CD, right?

Don't know if .wav is a preferred format for Toast, I usually use .aif.

Good luck,
Lavode