[G4] re: my hard drive western dig vs maxtor?

VS vs1 at dax.nu
Tue Nov 23 12:30:48 PST 2004

At 09.26 -0800 04-11-23, Philip J Robar wrote:
>3) If you want the quietest drive you can get, get a Seagate. (At
>least this was true the last time I checked.)

This I agree on! I have a G4 500 MHz AGP on my desk, sitting 60 cm
from my ears, with two Seagate Barracudas (one 80 GB, the other 120
GB), and they are soooo quiet! I absolutely recommend this disk if
noise is an issue. It's not the fastest disk, but it's quiet. Also,
as far as I know, they seem to be reliable. The 80 GB is a bit more
than 2 years old, and the computer is always on, and used
approximately 10 hours a day, and so far so good. The 160 GB is 1
year. No problems yet...:-)

/ Vicki