[G4] re: my hard drive western dig vs maxtor?

James Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Tue Nov 23 16:16:07 PST 2004

On Tuesday, November 23, 2004, at 04:24  PM, lavode at comcast.net wrote:

> Statistically valid?  Ok, how about this:
>
> Most hard drives are going to work in your computer, and there is
> little difference between brands.
>
> -Lavode

I would still just go for the Seagates. My Maxtor gave up after two
years, but generally I have good luck with Maxtor.
  I stay away from WD simply because there is always a pile of
them(busted) in any PC shop.
IBM/hitachi are ok but quirky (internal sleeping :no good for video)
I have two 80 gig Seagates and an 80 gig IBM in my QS. All things being
equal, get a barracuda.