[G4] Sound Processor for a G4

Al Poulin alpoulin at cox.net
Fri Nov 26 11:22:10 PST 2004

I have a QuickSilver 733 with external speakers.

The speaker set is a Cambridge SoundWorks.  It has a woofer with
built-in amplifier that is plugged into the  QuickSilver's earphone
jack via a volume control that sits under my monitor.  The right and
left speakers get their signal from the amplifier.  Works fine.

About the surround sound, I have no idea, but I'm interested in the
answers from others.

On Nov 26, 2004, at 10:12 AM, rich northouse wrote:

> I have a G4 733 MHz (silver something) with a DVD -/+RW running
> OSX.3.6.  I have had a set of speakers for it for over two years but
> have never got around to hooking them up.  I would like listen to
> tunes and perhaps play a movie DVD.
>
> What do I need? There is a speaker and earphone jack on the rear of
> the system box.  Do I need a USB sound processor of some sort to get
> surround sound or pseudo surround sound?  My set of speakers includes
> a sub-woofer.

Al Poulin
Anger, hate, and revenge are for the devil, forgiveness is for God,
proactive self-defense is for the rest of us.