[G4] Mac OSX Software for CR-10 Compact Flash Card Reader

Rembert Jones remjones at adelphia.net
Sat Nov 27 04:55:58 PST 2004

I bet you guys (girls) don't know what we once called "card readers".
There use to be machines that knocked chads out of cards.  They were
called "key punch machines" and they were operated by people called
"key punch operators" but if you were an eager programmer and wanted to
skirt the bureaucracy , you usually punched them yourself  .  That's
how we got data into the machines using "card readers" before PCs.
Thats back in the days of the IBM 7090 with 32,000 word memory when
that was the "big machine".  Thats right, thousand.  I hate to admit it
but that was in the early 60s.  That "card reader"  I mentioned is one
you can avoid.