[G4] How much memory?

Wayne Clodfelter wayne at troutnc.com
Sat Nov 27 16:07:29 PST 2004

Some will tell you that 1.5 Gb is all that OS X will use. Others will
tell you that if apps are written to utilize more than 1.5 GB they
will. I don't know, but suspect the latter is more correct.
I really don't think that is your problem. I believe some app you are
running has a memory leak and is gobbling up more memory than it
actually needs. Start with the most suspect and run the apps one at a
time to see which is the offender. Then advise the developer to get the
app fixed. Avoid using it until they do.

On Nov 27, 2004, at 6:46 PM, Kevin Willis wrote:

> If it will hold 2 Gb of RAM, do you think that will allow it run
> longer between restarts?

Regards,

Wayne Clodfelter
wayne at troutnc.com