[G4] Saving Audio

Michael L. Brown brownml at adelphia.net
Tue Nov 30 14:34:19 PST 2004

>>_I have an iMic Audio Interface which I would like to use to
>>capture some speech and use some photo snaps to make a home movie
>>using iMovie.  I can hook up the iMic and plug a microphone into
>>it.  If I go to "Sound" and check the audio input, by tapping on
>>the mic I can see the input levels change.  Hence the sound is
>>getting in.
>
>BUT  -- what software do I use to capture a hunk of sound and than
>save it to a file of some sort, so I can retrieve it in iMovie.
>What am I missing??

Griffin makes a free audio capture software for the iMic, Final
Vinyl. Tou can download it at the following URL:
http://www.griffintechnology.com/software/software_imic.html

Personally, I found Final Vinyl too restrictive and invested in
AudioHijack Pro from Rogue Amoeba. I use it to capture streaming
audio and save the files as AAC to for iTunes. URL is:
http://www.rogueamoeba.com/audiohijackpro/

Mike
--
Almost never pointless.