[G4] Re: Master vs Slave HDs & OSX

Ron Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Fri Oct 1 23:38:06 PDT 2004

On Oct 1, 2004, at 3:56 PM, Richard M. Kriss wrote:

  My G4-450 AGP only sees 120 GB but it has been working great and the
40 is now my backup and the 30 is in the drawer.

The reason for only being able to see 120Gb is that your internal bus
controller is limited in the amount of hard drive space it can
recognize.

You would need to install a PCI card with an ATA133 controller and hook
the 200Gb drive to it in order to see all of its capacity. I have been
using a Sonnet Tempo ATA133 PCI card for my larger drives (I got the
double bus card and the extra set of ribbons for it) and now have 4
large sized drives in my Gbit Ethernet G4.

It's fabulous having over 360G of space in one box.