[G4] Video card conflicts

Kevin Willis res19rmg at verizon.net
Mon Oct 4 17:16:37 PDT 2004

I have a 400 Mhz Gigabit G4.  When I bought it (used) I put a PCI ATI
Radeon 7000 video card in it.  I left the 16 mb AGP card that came with
the system in it, although it is not being used.  I haven't had any
problems with the system until now.  I installed a 1 Ghz Sonnet Encore
card last weekend, and I have been having a lot of trouble keeping this
thing up and running.  I keep having apps. lock up, kernel panics etc.
I am wondering if there might be a conflict with the CPU dealing with
the 2 video cards in the system.  Could that be the case?  Should I
pull the AGP card and leave that part of the case open until  can
afford a good AGP card?

BTW, I am running OS 10.3.5 with 1 Gb of RAM.

Thanks--

Kevin