[G4] Video card conflicts

Kevin Willis res19rmg at verizon.net
Tue Oct 5 14:18:23 PDT 2004

On Oct 5, 2004, at 3:53 AM, Ron Steinke wrote:

> How did you arrive at OS-X.3.5? I did the upgrade from OS-9.2.2 to
> OS-X, OS-X.1, OS-X.2, and now OS-X.3.5 in increments, not as a single
> upgrade step. After each upgrade, I went through the steps to rebuild
> the desktop file and repair permissions.

I  had OS 9.2.2 installed on one partition then I installed Jaguar on
the other partition.  Later, I bought Panther on DVD and used it to
upgrade Jaguar.

> All these upgrades were AFTER installing the 1Gb RAM and
> trouble-shooting a couple of non-compatible RAM sticks. The RAM sticks
> just refused to show up in the Get Info window or System Profiler.
> Since I put in all compatible sticks, they all show up and perform
> like they are supposed to.

All of my memory shows up correctly in ASP.  The whole system has
worked fine since I got it in January.  It wasn't until I installed the
CPU last weekend that I started having problems.  However, not all the
memory is the same make or speed.  Perhaps the CPU is having some kind
of problem with a certain stick.

> I suggest running some utility program like Cron or MacJanitor and
> repairing the permissions as a first step to try.

I keep my permissions repaired regularly.  I have done that a couple of
times since the CPU upgrade.

Thanks--

Kevin