[G4] losing my preferences

Kevin Willis res19rmg at verizon.net
Fri Oct 8 16:21:38 PDT 2004

I have noticed that when I boot my G4/400 (Panther) lately that my
preferences keep getting lost.  Mostly it seems to be with my "Mail"
program.  I have it set to start up when the system boots. When I sit
down to check my mail though, the mail box drawer on the side will be
closed, even though I always leave it open.  And then today, my tool
bar was missing.  I had to go to the view tab  and check "display tool
bar".  Sometimes, it will happen to my display pref.  My desk top
picture will be changed, or the resolution will be changed etc.  Any
thoughts on what might be going on?

Thanks--

Kevin