[G4] Trouble booting from OS 9 (AGP Graphics)

john raga at raga.com
Wed Oct 20 19:44:21 PDT 2004

Still trying to boot from OS9:
I re-installed the original 10GB drive (with 9.2.2) that came with
the machine into the zip drive bay. Altho it didn't boot when
targeted by startup disc, it was available as an option while holding
down option at restart, and it booted. But...the keyboard worked, and
the mouse was dead. Any ideas?

=====================
Earlier posting:
I haven't been able to boot into OS 9.2.2 with my newly acquired AGP
Graphics machine.

10.2.8 is running on a 80 GB single partition in the slave position
on the cable, jumpers set to slave.
9.2.2 in a partition on a 120 GB drive in master position, jumpers
set to master. (Classic runs without any problems.)

When I set the 9.2.2 partition as startup disc machine starts up in
Jaguar anyway. (Same thing with 9.1 and 8.6 that I put in 2 other
partitions trying to work the problem)

When I start up holding down the option key the only available choice
is the Jaguar disc.

Any suggestions appreciated...John