[G4] OSX and OS 9

Kevin Willis res19rmg at verizon.net
Mon Oct 25 14:44:58 PDT 2004

On Oct 25, 2004, at 12:35 AM, Crandon David wrote:

> Yes, but simply use Carbon Copy Cloner instead.
>
> The way you are doing it does not copy everything, and you won't be
> able to boot from your backup.
>
> David

All I am backing up is the contents of my home directory.  What would I
need to back up along with the directory to make it boot able?  My
thinking was that if I had a problem like a hard drive going bad or a
corrupt OS, I would reinstall the OS and then copy the contents from my
backed up directory in to the newly created home directory.  My main
concern is my iTunes, Documents, and Pictures.

Thanks--

Kevin