[G4] Hard drive upgrade question

Ronald Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Wed Oct 27 19:46:09 PDT 2004

On 27 Oct, 2004, at 19:03, Kevin Willis wrote:

  But, I am wondering if that applies to external drives as well.  If I
bought a > 120 Gb external drive, would I have to get a firewire or USB
card that will allow the system to see the entire drive?

Kevin,

I have been using an external FireWire housing for my 180Gb drive for
over a year now. It hasn't given me any problems as far as being fully
recognized by OS-X.1 to OS-X.3.5 in my G4 Gbit Ethernet machine
(originally 400MHz, now a Sonnet 1GHz processor). It was far easier for
me to find a FireWire housing than a USB housing, so that is why I used
FW from the start.

HTH,
Ron