[G4] Printing Windows

jonseward at mindspring.com jonseward at mindspring.com
Fri Oct 29 10:28:26 PDT 2004

Hi John,

I've printed screens and windows previously, but forgotten the keystroke
commands - never found
a menu-based method.

I did a 'Help' search for 'print screen commands' and this came up:

Shortcuts for taking pictures of the screen

You can use keyboard shortcuts to take pictures of the screen in Mac OS X.

To take a picture of the whole screen, press Command-Shift-3.
To take a picture of part of the screen, press Command-Shift-4, then drag
to select the area you
want in the picture.
To take a picture of a window, the menu bar, the Dock, or other area, press
Command-Shift-4,
then press the Space bar. Move the pointer over the area you want so that
it's highlighted, then
click. (If you decide you want to drag to select the area, press the Space
bar again.)
If you press Command-Shift-4 and decide you don't want to take the screen
shot, press the Escape
key.
Screen shots are saved as PDF files on the desktop. If you want to put the
screen shot in the
Clipboard, rather than create a file, hold down the Control key when you
press the other keys. You
can then paste the picture into a document.

You can also take pictures of the screen using the Grab application (in the
Utilities folder).

HTH