[G4] Disk Utility internal error

Kevin Willis res19rmg at verizon.net
Wed Sep 15 18:16:10 PDT 2004

No.  After I tried to install the game, I went to repair the disk
permissions on my OS X hard drive thinking that that might be the cause
of the installation crash.  It couldn't verify or repair the
permissions on the hard drive.  After the computer locked up, I
restarted and was able to repair the permissions then.  I have tried to
install this game 4 or 5 times.  Every time I try, it quits in the
middle.  I remove the CD-ROM and in a few minutes, the computer will
lock up.  I restart the computer and everything works fine...until I
try to install the game again.  The last time the system locked up,
when I restarted my dock was back to the default setting.  All the apps
I added to it were gone.  The original apps that I had removed were
back, and the magnification was turned off.  It's pretty bizarre.  I
was able to install the  game on my son's iMac, so I know it works.  I
am wondering if it is having problems with my video card or the
security update.

Thanks--

Kevin