[G4] Sonnet Encore install

Ron Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Sun Sep 26 12:11:18 PDT 2004

On Sep 25, 2004, at 12:31 PM, Paul Moortgat wrote:

The normal way is that you reset the Cuda.  But if it works, there's no
need for to do it.

Paul Moortgat

On 25-sep-04, at 21:10, Kevin Willis wrote:

> I just received my Sonnet 1 Ghz Encore card for my G4/400 Gigabit Mac.
>  I read and followed the instructions that came with it.  It boots and
> shows up in ASP as a 1 Ghz CPU.  I didn't see anywhere in the
> instructions about resetting the Cuda.  Do I need to reset it or not?
> It seems to be working fine, is there anything else I need to do?  I
> just popped it in and fired it up.
>
> Thanks--
>
> Kevin

I am not sure exactly why you are saying that the normal way is to
reset the CUDA when I could not find any reference to having to do that
in any of the literature that came with either my 800MHz or my 1GHz
Sonnet upgrades.

What is the reason for doing that, if any?

Everything that I have read indicates to me that resetting the CUDA is
a "last ditch effort" to correct some problem that you cannot resolve
by zapping the PRAM or rebuilding the desktop file.