[G4] Wireless Setup

Snow White jj4 at sympatico.ca
Wed Sep 29 20:58:41 PDT 2004

Russel:

That is a very long way and most wireless will not reach ever 1/4 the
distance you want.  With every foot of distance the signal gets slower
and requires more power.  1320 feet (1/4 mile) is even very long for an
ethernet cable but I would probably look for that solution with a
wireless base on each end.  Wireless base connected by ethernet means
no risk to your computer due to lightning strikes.

Maybe there are some directional antenae you could find, but I don't
know of it.

Hope this helps

jj