[G4] Re: Add 2nd HD to G4 Quicksilver[Richard]

B G briang113 at pacbell.net
Wed Apr 6 08:39:31 PDT 2005

Hi, new to the list but i wanted to add my 2 cents. I just did this to
my G4 with a Seagate 160 gb. A Power Mac G4 (Mirrored Drive Doors) and
later using 10.2 has the 48 bit capabilities to use drive larger than
128 GB. all others will only ne able to format to 128, but if you have
access to a newer machine and set up partions your G4 will be able to
read them. I put my drive into a firewire box and did 3 equal partions
using a iMac G5, so it shows up as 3 drives on my G4.

The other option is to install a PCI card like the Sonnet tempo it will
support 2 drives and use the 48 bit technology

Brian

G4 gigE 1.0 GHz, 1 GB RAM