[G4] how do i rebuild my os x operating system

Steve Goldstein sng at cox.net
Thu Apr 7 14:57:29 PDT 2005

This sometimes works for Cubes (worked once for me!).  Maybe it will work in a desktop, too:

Please read it in here: < http://www.macfixit.com/article.php?story=20040310010541585 >

"Reviving Cube FireWire ports"

"Then I found an obscure post on cubeowner.com which reported a 'programmer's reset' solved the problem for the poster. I tried it, and voila! I have firewire again. To invoke [the programmer's reset]: Shut down computer, hold down programmer's button, and press the power button to start up. If the power light flickers you've done it correctly."

LM