[G4] Best use for the 2nd HD

jonseward at mindspring.com jonseward at mindspring.com
Tue Apr 12 11:16:16 PDT 2005

Better do it now!  I filled up my primary drive to within 5% of capacity
and applications stopped
working properly, then files became corrupted and important data was
irretrievably lost.  A
continuing reminder that backups should be early and often.  Too much fun.

Some people like to run applications from secondary drives.  Scratch disks
and cache locations on
separate discs can also help to maximize speeds of various applications and
processes, particularly
Photoshop, and other memory hogs.  Backup is also convenient with separate
discs.  Partitioning
the disc can permit it to do all of the above, though the partition size
should be ample enough for
the intended use(s) or there may be little benefit.

HTH,

jon