[G4] OT: Unusual Apple sales policy.

John Erdman jperdman at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 12 12:16:12 PDT 2005

On Apr 12, 2005, at 14:54, H F wrote:

> Seems like a policy made to be circumvented. If smalldog "buys" the
> computer, they can resell it as used and at a lower price.

I suppose so, but I'd expect Apple to be a bit vigilant about their
policy. They seem to be serious about suppressing rumors, even factual
ones.

The only thing I can  figure is that this policy is intended to build
sales at the Apple Web store... but if these people are part of their
dealership network why  limit how they can sell? If I were in charge of
Apple sales I'd want to maximizes sales from all my possible outlets.
So I still don't see the logic of it.

John