[G4] OT: Unusual Apple sales policy.

Snow White jj4 at sympatico.ca
Thu Apr 14 17:36:03 PDT 2005

Well, I can answer some of this.

I bought  a computer from the Apple website, but I was purchasing from
the refurb deal menu of the site.  They would not accept my CC, nor
would they ship to my home address.  I am Canadian and we cannot get
refurbished items from Apple Canada, even though Apple Canada is a
shell company and your dealings are with Apple US.  Your bill is
calculated in Canadian $ and they price is higher due to extra shipping
and exchange ...

I had to send the US$ by mail and have it shipped to a US address to
make my purchase.  As I am a past customer with Small Dog and they do
deal with refurbs, I would not have to deal with these problems.

As for Mac WareHouse - well, in Canada they went bust and are owned by
CDW and I they are a bit overpriced, in my opinion.

In short, all of these companies fill a niche in the market or they
would not exist.  To each his own.

jj

On 14-Apr-05, at 2:15 PM, g4-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com