[G4] iPhoto sooo slow

Andrew T. Lynch atlynch at mac.com
Tue Apr 19 07:20:08 PDT 2005

Hi Ray,
   No problem.  I have been doing the same.

   About backups, I use retrospect desktop, and it has worked well for
me.  I have never had catastrophic loss, but I have needed to retrieve
items from backup, even from non-=current snapshots.

  Also, I am suspicious of moving iPhoto libraries around, even though
it is commonly done.  The Albumdata.xml file has paths in it that
become incorrect if the library is moved.  If I decide to move my
library from it's current location, I will rebuild the library after
moving it.

Currently, I shoot RAW, and use Canon Digital Photo Professional to
convert to jpeg.  I add the jpg files to iPhoto, and keep the original
RAW files separately. If I end up with a shot I really want to refine
in photoshop, I work with it from the RAW original.

Cheers,
    Drew