[G4] RAID on a G4

Kevin Willis res19rmg at verizon.net
Tue Apr 19 10:36:38 PDT 2005

	I have a Gigabit G4 with a 1Ghz Sonnet CPU upgrade.  I had Panther
installed on a RAID consisting of 2 40 GB ATA drives. When I would boot
into OS 9 and then try to change to Panther on the RAID as the start up
disk, it would not show up in the OS 9 control panel.  I had to boot
into the old Panther system folder on my other non RAID drive, then
choose the RAID as the start up disk.

	Recently, I purchased another 120 GB drive that I plan to set up in a
RAID 0 along with my other 120 GB drive and install Tiger on it.  If I
install OS 9 on a different drive in this system, will I be able to
boot from the RAID if I end up in OS 9 again?  Or, do I need to install
Tiger on the same drive as OS 9 and make it a 2 step process to get
back to my RAID?

Thanks,

Kevin