[G4] Can eMac hard-drives be upgraded?

Tony Johansen tjoh7019 at bigpond.net.au
Thu Apr 21 01:17:01 PDT 2005

Has anyone upgraded the hard-drive on an eMac? I don't even know if its
possible. I have Power PC G4 (3.3)  1GHz  1GB SDRAM with 60GB hard drive
partitioned 40/20 (OS X/OS 9.2) I keep needing more RAM and artwork is
eating up space.

I keep eyeing that wasted space for '9', now with InDesign on 'X' I've
abandoned Quark back in '9' and I suspect the cobwebs will just grow back
there. In 11 months I've not had a single need for '9'. Pinching the drive
space for 'X' seems logical, but also much hassle, if I have to go to that
much trouble would I profitably install a bigger hard drive at that time?

Possible? Worthwhile? Dollars are short, so is it economical? What are the
limits?

Regards,
Tony.